If mold and mildew develops around your work place and starts festering, it can turn into a disaster pretty fast. Not really sure what mold is and how you can go about checking whether or not your workplace is infestation free? Here is all you need to know about this problem that frequently occurs and employers don’t find out about before it’s too late.
Mold and Mildew: The “What” and the “How”?
Molds are basically fungi that can grow anywhere, where there is dampness or water. They aren’t exactly plants but they are very much alive and examples include mushrooms, mildews, yeasts and puffballs. Mold is dangerous because it releases tiny particles known as spores into the air that when collected on any kind of surface, start eating it away. This means that within a short time, and if no commercial cleaning is done, mold and mildew can destroy a place.
But this is not the only problem that mold can cause. When left unchecked, mold can start affecting humans too which results in problems like asthma, allergies, respiratory conditions and weakening of the immune system. The mold and mildew conditions are particularly harmful for pregnant women, elderly people and kids. Hence, why it is essential that mold be discovered quickly and the issue be resolved by professional business cleaning service.
The question now is why does mold grow in the first place? As mentioned above, mold develops in areas that are damp or water ridden. Keep in mind that since the spores produced by mores are tiny, you will not be able to see them, which is why you need to start paying attention to damp and dark places before there is any buildup. So is there anyway way you can prevent the problem? Here is how you can do it.
Preventing Mold and Mildew
- Make sure that there is no kind of leakage or seepage in the building where your offices are. These are the number one cause of mold occurrence.
- If there are any plumbing issues, get them resolved quickly and make sure all water patches are dried or repaired.
- All drip pans and HVAC should be kept clean and unobstructed.
- Vents and drainage areas need to be kept as dry and clean as possible in order o avoid the possibility of mold.
- Humidifiers are your friends, use them. They will make sure that proper temperature and moisture level is maintained in any give place.
Remember, if there is some mold problem at your work place then it is not the end of the world, the problem can be sorted out. All you need to do is get in touch with professional cleaning agencies and ask them to help you out. They know what needs to be done and will be able to handle the mold condition within a small time frame. Once cleared, take the precautions so that the problem does not arise again. Educate your employees about mold, so they too can keep the work place clean and hygienic.