We’re still in the midst of cold and flu season, and the results so far have not been promising. The CDC has reported an elevated number of flu cases this year, with the length and severity of these cases creating a scenario that is worse than it has been over the past few seasons. You want to keep your employees and guests healthy all year round, and are likely here because you’re in need of professional cleaning services to provide a clean, healthy outcome.
While there’s no way to completely avoid getting sick, there is a lot that can be done in your office to minimize the spread of germs. Crystal Clear Enterprise is here to provide janitorial services across Kansas City that can maintain or create healthy work environments. Our commercial cleaning company strives to deliver ideal results on a consistent basis, leaving your business in sparkling condition week in and week out. We rely on state-of-the-art equipment and methods to deliver unmatched office cleaning services.
If you’re worried about the germs running rampant through your office, be sure to check out a few of our tips below. Check out our gallery to see the results of our janitorial services, and be sure to get in touch with our cleaning professionals to generate your personalized care plan!
Keep Desk Clutter to a Minimum
Employees who spend a lot of time at their desks are likely to have a number of items on their desk that help them get their work done or to make them feel more comfortable in their work space. We recommend minimizing workspace clutter, as it is harder to keep all of these surfaces clean. Remember that you may contaminate any of your possessions by spreading germs to them from any surface in the office. Less mess equates to better cleanliness, so be sure to focus on keeping your employees’ surfaces clear!
Invest in Regular Carpet Cleaning
One of the biggest concerns in any office is the transmission of illness from one individual to others, but keep in mind that the environment in which everyone works will play a large role in overall health. Carpet, in particular, can trap germs, bacteria, and a variety of allergens and other pollutants. If carpets are not cleaned regularly, then your employees are likely at risk of breathing in all of these contaminants. Simple floor cleaning services can help to clean your carpet and leave your building fresh and clean.
Focus on Disinfection
Regular office cleaning services can do much to sanitize surfaces and keep harmful germs away from your work space. Germs can sit on surfaces for long periods of time, waiting for another individual to make contact with them. If one sick person touches the handle on the main doors into your building, there is the risk that a lot of people may develop that sickness.
Crystal Clear Enterprise is adamant about proper sanitation measures. Proper disinfection can wipe away harmful agents and minimize the transference of illness. If you’re worried about the health of your building, be sure to disinfect:
- Light switches and door handles — These commonly touched surfaces can be a hotbed for germ activity. Keep these common surfaces clean as often as possible!
- Keyboards and mouses — Between your keys rests a lot of dirt and grime. Be sure to clean your keyboard often, and try not to use sanitizer wipes, as they can fade the letters!
- Chairs and office furniture — If your building offers comfortable spaces for employees or guests to sit and relax, your furniture may host a lot of bacteria. Any furniture that is touched throughout the day can retain or spread germs, so be sure to wipe your couches and chairs.
- Break rooms — These communal spaces have the potential to be among the dirtiest in your office. Beware of contamination through snacks and beverages, and be sure to clean all of your commonly used surfaces, including countertops, sinks, drawers, and the coffee pot.
- Writing utensils — A lot of work is done through tablets and computers, but if your office holds a lot of pens and pencils, then be sure to sanitize these pieces accordingly. Writing utensils may pass through many hands throughout the course of one business day.
Generate a Protection Program
Even if you do everything right to your building clean, individual actions may generate an unhealthy result. One way to reduce the spread of germs in your office building is to host annual or even monthly refreshment courses to remind employees of healthy practices. Many of us are guilty of unsanitary actions throughout the day, including touching our eyes, nose, and mouth. Some individuals are so busy that they forget to wash their hands often, which can also cause problems.
Implementing a program or hosting a meeting about cleanliness may prove beneficial in minimizing the sick time needed by your employees. There are plenty of resources available for navigating the cold and flu season, so be sure to practice proactivity in this department!
Hire a Professional Cleaning Company
One of the easiest and most effective ways to keep your premises clean and germ-free on a regular basis is to enlist the help of professional cleaners. The janitorial company you choose should be able to provide an exact level of support to meet your facility needs, including procedural plans for when the cold seasons strikes. We can’t guarantee that everyone will be fine this year, but ideally, you’ll see fewer sick workers and less employee downtime.
Are you ready to see how affordable and effective our janitorial services in Kansas City can be? Feel free to check out all of our professional cleaning services, and feel free to contact us for your quote. We’re excited to provide you with a crystal-clear finish!